Looking for a chance to earn Honors Leadership?
Being an Honors Floor Rep is one of the few opportunities for Honors freshmen to assume a leadership position and earn Honors Leadership (one of the three required tiers for Distinction). It’s also a rewarding chance to participate in the Honors community and help your peers! Here’s a rundown of the position and its responsibilities:
Honors Floor Representatives communicate on behalf of students living in the Honors Living Learning Community (LLC).
As an Honors Floor Rep, you work with the Honors faculty and the Honors Student Government to best meet the needs of students and help improve the program for future students.
- Demonstrating leadership and building connections with LLC students
- Attending HSG meetings
- Promoting Honors events and encouraging student participation
- Receive feedback from students on their experiences and communicate this feedback with HSG and Honors faculty
- Welcoming prospective Honors students alongside Honors ambassadors
- Hosting and planning quarterly study sessions for finals week
- Hosting a quarterly event for LLC students that
- Builds community
- Teaches students about the Honors Program or greater DePaul
- Engages students with events and activities organized by Honors
If you would like to apply, please fill out the following attachment and submit a statement of interest to email@example.com by Tuesday, October 4th. We look forward to hearing from you!
Leave a Reply